Sunday 15 May 2011

Crowning Our Lady For The Month Of May...


Fr. Tim decided that we would have an outdoor procession and crowning of the statue of Our Lady between the two Sunday morning Masses today. I made sure that I had my camera with me... just as well, because I forgot my newly-restored iPhone... though at least I didn't lock myself out of the car this time.

We sang "O Mary we crown thee with blossoms today" and recited the Litany of Loreto (the children joining in with gusto), and, in a manner reminiscent of Leutgeb's experiences, one of the little girls was placed on the ladder so she could crown Our Lady's statue. No long blue train held by attendants. Maybe we can get that sorted for next year...

Then several children brought flowers to place in front of the statue...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At Mary Immaculate of Lourdes parish in Newton, Massachusetts (15 km west of Boston), our May crowning was last week, after our First Holy Communions. Pictures may be found at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maryblessedmother/

Yes, we sang, "Bring Flowers of the Fairest" too, and I sang this growing up in my home town parish May processions until they ended in 1970. I didn't realize that this is probably the official May crowning anthem of the English-speaking Catholic world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...