Sunday 24 December 2006

"Favourites" Meme

I see that the Dúnadan has put out a universal tag for this meme... and I'm feeling neglected and am convinced that no-one will tag me this side of 2007, so I shall count myself tagged...

(well, it's more fun than housework)

Your Favourite Film?


Tricky one. My all-time favourite film has got to be Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ. I saw it at the cinema nine times. And then I bought the DVD. It's only a tricky one because of the next category...




Your Favourite Film with a Religious theme?




Umm... I suppose that I can't have the same film as last time? OK, I'll plump for Bernadette. It's actually a French film, directed by Jean Delannoy, and starring Sydney Penny. They shot the film on location, and used local Pyrennées actors.





Your Favourite Film Priest?





I guess that has to be Monsignor Hugh O'Flaherty (played by Gregory Peck) in The Scarlet and the Black.






Your Favourite Film Nun?


Well, since I only know of two film nuns, it's an easy choice. It just has to be Bernadette (played by Sidney Penny) but I'm not cheating - it's in the sequel: The Passion of Bernadette because she isn't actually a nun in the first film!!

(The other nun was Maria in The Sound of Music which doesn't really count !)





Ok, I shall tag the Catholic Cavemen, the Scorpion Stalking Duck and Orthfully Catholic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh. What a fantastic meme!

I second you having Passion as your favourite film. My favourite with a religious bent is Karol: the man who became Pope.

My favourite on-screen priests are both Fr. Tomasz Zaleski, and Fr. Wojtyla in Karol. Nuns... I haven't seen too many on film, so I can't judge.

BCB Webmaster said...

I interpreted 'favourite film with a religious theme' as being favourite film that isn't explicitly religious but...' otherwise I would have said The Mission!

Otherwise, I'm glad you enjoyed the meme.

And while I am here Happy Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Merry Christmas, and may the New Year bring you peace and joy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...