Saturday 5 June 2010

Back In The Real World...

Well, I'm back home again. The pilgrimage to Lourdes was really wonderful... I was almost disappointed that the Icelandic volcano hadn't prevented us leaving...

Every cloud has a silver lining: at least I've had a chance to download my photos, and upload some of them to Flickr. I have realised that Flickr works best if you choose a few photos, rather than uploading the whole lot indiscriminately.

The weather was glorious: we had one morning where there was a dip in temperature and that very fine, misty rain (it would have to be the morning we had scheduled the group photo) but it had stopped by the time we had finished Mass. My camera was put to very good use, and I think one or two of my photos are really stunning.

I will post more about Lourdes later, but I just want to share a little joke which always makes me smile every time I enter the Domaine. Along the ramps there are various statues of saints. At the very bottom, there are two statues...















St. Remy is on the left. The one on the right is... you guessed it... St. Martin.

Now that had to be deliberate...

As in-jokes go, that's one of the best...

1 comment:

Diane Korzeniewski said...

Beautiful Mac - Wish I could have been there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...