Saturday 1 November 2008

I Wish I Could Use This...

...unfortunately, I doubt that it would be possible.  English Grammar doesn't appear to be on the curriculum (judging by the books I mark... "But Miss, this is Science... why do you correct our spelling and grammar?")

Just a taster of the letter the kids have to write if they swear in the hearing of Paul Cat...

"I am here after school with Mr. Catalanotto because I have a small and very limited vocabulary that is not repetitive of the education I am and have been receiving at Jesuit High School. Because I have expressed such a limited vocabulary in the ear-shot of Mr. Catalanotto, it has been deemed by him that I have been wasting the $6450 my parents or guardians spend on my yearly tuition so that my vocabulary won’t be limited; in other words, I have been stealing from my parents by not developing my verbal skills to their maximum capacity and taking full advantage of my educational time here at Jesuit."

10/10 for ingenuity.  I think "representative" would be better than "repetitive" though!

Mantilla twitched in the direction of Kasia of The Clam Rampant.

1 comment:

Rev. Daren J. Zehnle, J.C.L., K.C.H.S. said...

I'm asked the same question about grammar in Religion class. And on the soccer field. And in the hallway :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...