Monday 6 August 2012

Reviving Old Traditions...

2012-08-06 20.14.15I am keen to clock up as many of the old traditions as I can. Plenary and partial indulgences. Fasts and feasts. And, of course, blessings.

Fr. Z is great on this sort of stuff. He posts oodles of stuff about prayers and blessings, along with why they were instituted and the deeper meanings ascribed by the Church to little rituals. My mobile phone isn't really the best way to read blogs, though it is better than being totally without internet access, but I did happen to spot this little snippet from Fr. Z about the blessing of grapes on the Feast of the Transfiguration.

Mass was in the evening, so I had time to go shopping. Two bunches of grapes were duly purchased and delivered to the Sacristy. And so, after Mass, Fr. Tim went and got his little Rituale and then blessed the grapes...

2012-08-06 20.14.51

I've eaten about 25 of them. That's more grapes than I usually eat in a year... 

1 comment:

Supertradmum said...

I bought two packets, as Sainsbury's had a two for one sale. Poor Msgr. had not heard of the blessing and I did not have one with me (no printer). So, he made a really good one up.

He got one packet for putting up with a trad woman and the other was for lunch with a friend,who took them with her out to evangelize at the Olympics. So the blessed grapes went out forth from the sacristy...I intent to do herbs as well. I should be better prepared...

How are the kittie? Make sure thy check out my blog after midnight. Cute day on the blog.

Great photo....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...