Sunday 10 October 2010

Quarant'Ore Coming Up...

The Quarant'Ore, or Forty Hours Devotion is absolutely amazing. My first experience of it was at Blackfen last year - although I had attended a Mass during a Quarant'Ore at Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane.

It is a real spiritual boost to be able to be so close to Our Lord. Just looking at some of the pictures I took last year has given me a thrill of anticipation.

I particularly liked the watching through the small hours, though I had a few nervous moments when, knowing that all the altar servers were asleep, I realised that the candles were burning dangerously low... I ended up having to wake up one of them. I was also quite amused by the attutude of some of the youngsters: "Every time we woke up, we saw you sitting there in the front pew... how did you do it?" Heheheheh...

Anyway, we are having the devotion again, starting with the Mass of Exposition on Thursday 21 October at 8pm (I think it may even be a Solemn High Mass this year...) and ending with the Mass of Reposition on Saturday 23 October at 10:30am. There will be a Mass on the Friday evening as well, at 8pm... they're all according to the usus antiquior, but there will also be a Mass on Friday morning, at 10am, in the Novus Ordo.

Everyone is welcome to come along for as much or as little as they want. Details of how to get to the parish can be found via the website.

I shall ensure that my super-snazzy camera is gainfully employed during this year's event.

1 comment:

Dominic Mary said...

I only hope that I am able to manage to get to Blackfen for this . . . I agree with you; it's such a precious time.
Whether I make it or not, though, be sure that you and everyone will be in my prayers during that time : we are all indebted to Our Lady of the Rosary, Blackfen, and its priest and people for your encouraging support and prayer - so my thanks to you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...