Friday 15 October 2010

Party Time...!

I am trying to be organised. In a few weeks' time I shall be renewing my vows.

I am hoping to arrange a Solemn High Mass, but we're having one or two problems in locating a Deacon... and the Subdeacon is proving elusive, although he should have the date booked already...

At any rate, the Mass will be at least a Missa Cantata, as I'm renewing my vows on the first Saturday of December (December 4th, to be precise) which coincides with the visiting schola's attendance at Blackfen. Mass starts at 10:30am, and then, after a brief pause, the vows ceremony starts at 12noon. That won't take too long, and the bun fight will be in the Large Hall until about 3pm. The bar will be open this year - I double-checked!

Hard to believe it's been eight years already. I described the vows I have taken in a previous post. Although I do not need to renew the vows - they're permanent as far as I'm concerned - after consultation with my Spiritual Director, I decided that it's quite helpful to have a reminder of the reason behind my vocation.

If any of you are in the vicinity on Saturday 4th December, 2010, then you will be most welcome for all or part of the day. Directions to Our Lady of the Rosary, Blackfen are on the parish website. If you know that you are able to come, it would be helpful (for catering purposes) if you leave a message in the com-box, but last-minute arrivals are also welcome!

4 comments:

Londiniensis said...

Mac, I'll be delighted to come. All the very best.

Zephyrinus said...

I'll be there, Mac. Congratulations, in advance.

Dominic Mary said...

It sounds to me as though it may end up as the ultimate blognic, Mac : but what a well-deserved tribute !

Anita Moore said...

Congratulations, Mac! Tonight I made my perpetual profession as a Third Order Dominican. I'm a lifer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...