Thursday 13 August 2009

Visit To The Seaside...

Going to visit my parents is never really "going home" for me, as my parents moved to Eastbourne several years after I'd flown the familial coop. However, I often refer to Eastbourne as "home" simply because my parents live there... and then I'm surprised when people assume I grew up there.

I do like Eastbourne. The seafront is quite pretty, and the Council have done their best to make sure properties there are kept in reasonably good order. I also like the huge contrasts between Beachy Head, the seafront and pier, and various forest areas, all to be found within twenty minutes' drive.

On my latest visit, I took my snazzy camera. The weather was somewhat changeable, which made the photos of Seven Sisters and Beachy Head look gloriously moody and atmospheric...

Just how changeable the weather was is demonstrated by the fact that I took all the photos in this post between 3:06pm and 3:25pm on Wednesday afternoon, and the only editing I have done is to reduce them in size for the web!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...