Sunday 21 June 2009

Brick By Brick..?

Just a quick aside (I'm posting what I can while I have the energy!) It seems that the "modern" free-standing altar which was in the middle of the sanctuary at Westminster Cathedral has been given the heave-ho... permanently.

A lot of people were apparently pretty happy when it failed to appear at Archbishop Vincent Nichols' installation, though it was expected to make a reappearance. However, it seems that the wooden platform on which the altar stood has been removed, and the wooden floor underneath has been restored.

Very interesting...

Twitch of the mantilla to Damian Thompson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently listened to a talk by a Priest I know who successfully argued that the post-Conciliar trend towards 'versus populum' worship had no historical fact, and proceeded to explain its architectural origin - and short life! It now only has a place in old basilicas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...