Tuesday 14 April 2009

Holiday Blues...

I am not a particularly happy bunny...

I'm having to have my flat completely rewired. The landlord arranged it (something to do with safety certificates and insurance) and at first I thought it was a marvellous stroke of luck, because I was on holiday at home, and so it wouldn't interfere with work.

I was a bit slow on the uptake here, never having had a flat rewired before.

I am now realising that work on the electricity supply in the flat means that the electricity supply has to be switched off, unless one wants to have the inconvenience of clearing up fried electrician.

Microwave ovens use electricity. Unfortunately, so do electric cookers. Just as well that I went out for lunch.

Kettles also use electricity. No cups of tea or coffee.

No CDs. No radio. No DVDs.

Most importantly, no computer during the day.

So, no internet. No email. No blogs.

I'm not entirely sure I'll survive the rest of the week...

2 comments:

Idle Rambler said...

Oh, hard luck, especially when you so heroically abstained from blogging throughtout the Triduum.
Local library should be able to provide free internet access if you're a member or if all else fails, a trip back to school maybe?

Cecilia said...

You should ask for a partial rent rebate for the period where you suffered disruption - it should at least pay for the takeaways and time in the internet cafe. If your landlord is half decent he should see that this is reasonable. Poor you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...