Sunday 24 February 2008

Eurovision 2008

Ireland has decided to register its disdain for the whole Eurovision thing by entering a puppet turkey to sing its 2008 entry, "Irlande douze points." I watched it just to see what the fuss was about - after all, The Muppet Show was quite cute, and they had some fabulous numbers...

Unfortunately, the turkey in question is not the lovable type one might find alongside Kermit and Miss Piggy. Dustin the turkey is rather repulsive, burping and passing wind... obviously Ireland have decided that there is no chance of them winning this year! I'm not really keen to put up the video, but you can follow the link...

*sigh* ...Come back, Riverdance, all is forgiven...

Anyway, in the meantime, this is my kind of puppet show...

4 comments:

Pastor in Monte said...

Gosh; Leo Sayer. He's a son of my parish: went to our school, served Mass &c. Lots remember him as a bo.

Brendan Allen said...

Quite right Mac; over the past the Eurovision has degenerated to become a parody of its own self, and frankly we the people of Ireland have realised that it's not to be taken seriously as a cultural/musical event any more. As soon as I heard the news of Dustin being a "candidate" I made up my mind to vote for him. In the end, it slipped my mind Saturday evening and I forgot to.

The key thing now is the advent of the "telepoll"; the bottom line is that some people somewhere in various parts of Europe are making lots of money off Eurovision, and frankly they do not want the situation to change.

But I honestly feel that both fans and Eurovision Song Contest-haters should do the decent thing in May and vote for Dustin, because it would be the metaphorical kick in the you-know-where that just might make Eurovision an occasionally enjoyable(?) musical and cultural event again.

Marie said...

LOL @ Come back, Riverdance, all is forgiven...

We dont get to see that competition here(which could be a blessing?) But Riverdance..Hey I liked that show...*stands up straight and starts jumping from one foot to the other*...limps off stage LOL!

LOL Mac..you are funny!

In fun

Marie heehee!

deb said...

As an American, I am, of course, clueless as to what all this is about. What is Eurovision and why are countries submitting a song to it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...