Saturday 3 November 2007

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa...

Ok, I have been taken to task! Ttony of The Muniment Room had a post up enthusing about a new book he's just read: Fr. William's Daughter by Fiorella de Maria. He is recommending this book as a great present on the basis that he thinks she will one day be a best-selling author (I think he's right)...

I couldn't resist the opportunity to name-drop: Fiorella is a friend of mine. So Ttony, very rightly, demanded to know why I hadn't shouted her praises from the rooftops, and alerted everyone to her books!!

Fiorella has written two books now, the first one being The Cassandra Curse. Fr. Tim reviewed it very favourably a while back. I thought it was a very good story, but didn't like the way the story jumped backwards and forwards between different time periods... I prefer things to progress in a more linear fashion! That wasn't the reason I didn't blog about it... events (like getting a new job) sort of overtook me, and I forgot! Mea culpa...

Anyway, Fiorella assures me that her second novel is a lot less "jumpy." And Ttony's review has me champing at the bit... I can't wait for my copy to arrive. You can order both books from her website.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...