Wednesday 21 November 2007

Feeling My Age...

In December 1991 London experienced a unique air pollution episode during which concentrations of nitrogen dioxide rose to record levels, associated with moderate increases in black smoke. I was trying to explain this to one of my Year 10 classes, and started off with the phrase, "Now it's not so long ago, and you would hardly believe that people actually died because of the pollution in this day and age..."

Of course, some bright spark had to pipe up with the telling rejoinder: "But Miss, we weren't even born then..."

3 comments:

gemoftheocean said...

You may also give a good whacking to size two women, who when offered a cookie in the presence of overweight women make a point of saying: "I feel so bloated already." No jury in the world would convict you.

Karen

fr paul harrison said...

Dont worry too much - some of the babies I baptised when I was first ordained are now grown up and married.

fr paul harrison

Adulio said...

I was into Sooty and Sweep in 1991.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...