Tuesday 20 March 2007

New Car-Parking Facility For Women

With the high rate of attacks on women in secluded car parks, especially during evening hours, the Sydney City Council has established a "Women Only" car park in George Street.

Even the car park attendants are exclusively female so that a comfortable environment is created for patrons...

Anyone who has been in a car with me while I am trying to park will understand why I think this is a great idea...

...actually, on reflection, anyone who has been in a car with me while I am attempting to drive will know what I'm on about... (Ha! There... got it in before Fr Tim made some disparaging comment about me and my driving skills!!)

3 comments:

Stephen Wikner said...

Hmm. In the context of comments about your saintly, white-haired guardian angel, I think I've probably already said enough about your relationship with our four-wheeled friends! In general terms though (and quite seriously) I think women are often better drivers than men. But parking is a different matter entirely. Why this should be, I haven't the faintest idea.

Mulier Fortis said...

Spatial awareness. Women's brains aren't as good at this. We really do think "differently" !!

(Trust me... I studied Psychology!!)

Stephen Wikner said...

And in general terms, long may that remain so. It makes the world a good deal more interesting than it would otherwise be. I've always thought 'vive la differance' ought to be 'vive les differences'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...