Saturday 14 October 2006

Out of the Mouths of Babes....

I heard an absolute classic at the SPUC lunch in our parish today. Trust me, it actually happened - but it deserves to go down in history as one of those apocryphal tales that end up doing the rounds via email.

The young daughter of one of my friends approached our table with a book of raffle tickets. She'd already snaffled me, so she decided to try and sell a few more to her father.

"Daddy, do you want to buy a raffle ticket?"
"No thanks, I'm ok."
"Oh, okay... Can I buy a raffle ticket?"
"Well, yes, if you want to."
"Oh good... Daddy, can I have some money please?"

It was priceless!

1 comment:

Father Stephanos, O.S.B. said...

You tagged me a while back about a homily on St. Teresa of Avila.

Well, October 15 is Sunday this time around.

Here's a bit anyway.

http://monkallover.blogspot.com/2006/10/st-teresa-from-avila-and-st-paul-to.html

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...