Monday 15 February 2016

Enjoying The Weather...

It's Half Term - for which I am extremely thankful! Saturdays and Sundays in the school holidays never feel like proper holidays to me - they are just "the weekend." However, Mondays are when holidays really sink in...

I had a glorious lie-in this morning. Given that for the past year I have had to leave the house at 5:30am, a lie-in is not to be sniffed at. I then followed it up by praying the office in my front room, with a beautiful sea-scape in front of me...


After a leisurely lunch and some time playing with the Monsignor and Cardinal, I went round to visit a friend. Driving home, I saw that the tide was in, and the wind was really whipping up the waves. I have discovered that, if you want to see really impressive waves, the best place to observe them is by cliffs or where the water is relatively deep. There is such a place quite close to home, and I decided to stop off to see if I could capture any good moments...


Alas, I discovered that the time-lag between my pressing the button on my phone and the lens shutter operating was not quite as short as I hoped - so I missed the really good shots. I was also wary of getting too close - it was rather cold, and I didn't fancy a drenching. But I think that I shall try and spend a bit more time here to see if I can get the hang of the timing.

In the meantime, I think these photos are probably the best of today's crop...






4 comments:

Zephyrinus said...

Dear Mac.

Great photos, but a serious suggestion.

DO NOT GET TOO NEAR THOSE WAVES.

Adventurous Photographers have been known
to get closer, and closer, and closer.

They have NEVER been seen again.

Keep going with the Telephoto Lens shots.

in Domino

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! We have a lake near our house which is better than nothing, but it's a fairly small lake and the waves aren't quite so high on a windy day.

gemoftheocean said...

Great shots, Mac.

Genty said...

Love your obvious delight in your new(ish) location. Don't stray too far; your blogs are much missed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...