Sunday 16 February 2014

The Day With Mary At Blackfen...

20140215_132042

The Day With Mary team came for their annual visit to Blackfen on Saturday. It's a truly wonderful occasion, and I find it to be a sort of spiritual spring-clean - it gives a tremendous boost to see so many fellow Catholics united in their love for God and Our Lady. With the door to the Confessional almost revolving with so many penitents, and the cry chapel used as another Confessional (and I think the Repository may have been employed too) one can almost hear the Holy Souls being sprung from Purgatory.

20140215_133258

I took lots of photos - some of which were, I thought, rather good. I made the mistake of showing off to Fr. Tim earlier today. He promptly hijacked my super-snazzy phone and sent himself copies of the ones he liked best... and then uploaded them to his blog before I could get them up on Flickr.

20140215_134957

The DWM team has a YouTube channel where most of the talks and sermons are posted. Fr. Tim's homily at Mass (on Our Lady's words to St. Bernadette: "I am the Immaculate Conception") and his talk (Our Lady at the Beginning of Salvation) are both up on the channel already. The video of the latter starts with a snippet of the singing by the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate, which is really beautiful.)

20140215_172736

And I don't think the Day With Mary experience would be complete without the final farewell. It brings a lump to my throat every time...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...