Sunday 19 January 2014

Miaowrini's Progress...


Poor Miaowrini.

Not only will she not be in the running for a red hat, but she won't be running at all for a while. She went back to the vet on Friday evening for another examination, and the antibiotics had reduced the swelling enough for a proper examination. The vet thinks that she has a fracture on the top of the tibia. I have to bring her back to the vet on Monday for an anaesthetic and x-rays. In the interim, she got given another dose of painkillers... and in order to prevent her making things worse by increasing movement with the reduction in pain, I decided to keep her in a cage over the weekend.

This hasn't gone down well with either cat.

Miaowrini is unhappy that she can't wander around. Furretti is unhappy that I'm spending time alone with Miaowrini... She actually threw herself at the sitting-room door handle in an attempt to open it yesterday while I was feeding Miaowrini... fortunately, my insights into cat psychology meant that I had jammed the door shut from the inside...

Furretti retired in high dudgeon, and is now sulking in the bathroom.

2 comments:

~Katherine~ said...

Poor Miaowrini (and Furretti)! International scritches to them both from this well-wisher. :)

Mary O'Regan said...

Mac, I loved reading this post, as I do all kitty posts. Sorry to hear about Miaowrini's trial. Have you put a St Benedict's medal near Miaowrini? It might give the grace for an instant healing.

I always think it's amazing that Pope Benedict is an ardent animal lover, and that the St Benedict's medal is so powerful in alleviating the sufferings of animals. I wonder if it was a smaller factor in his decision to take the name.

Not wanting to plug my own blog, but my dog got a healing from the St Benedict's medal and I wrote up an account, which may be useful.
http://thepathlesstaken7.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/st-benedict-medal-cured-this-sheepdog.html



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...