Thursday 9 May 2013

Happy Feast Of The Ascension...

Well, yes, I do realise that technically it isn't celebrated until Sunday in England & Wales, but as the Extraordinary Form calendar celebrates the feast today, I'm sitting in the Small Hall in Blackfen waiting for our Missa Cantata.

Much as I would prefer their Lordships to restore the Holydays, part of me recognises that such a restoration might put a bit of a crimp on the celebration of Mass in the Extraordinary Form on those days - it would become much harder to find clerics able to celebrate a Solemn High Mass, for example.

In the meantime, I must confess to a certain mischievous glee associated with today's feast. The Anglican Shrine in Walsingham has chapels for each of the decades of the Rosary. I was puzzled by the apparent emptiness of the Chapel of the Second Glorious Mystery, until I remembered that it was the Ascension of Our Lord, and happened to look up...


Twitch of the mantilla to His Hermeneuticalness for the photo...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...