Sunday 15 January 2012

Epiphany...

The Epiphany was celebrated over a week ago according to the EF calendar, but that is actually only just over a week ago, so I feel that I can still put up a few photos from the Mass we had at Blackfen...

Given that work has been extremely hectic, I forgot to pack my camera, therefore, I took photos on my dinky new Android phone. The Galaxy Nexus camera is only 5 MP, but the "instant capture" facility it boasts means that the picture is miles better than any of the ones I took on my iPhone...

The first one is taken on the zoom setting, so is slightly blurry...


The Schola Sanctae Scholasticae (that's their unofficial title, as the one they've been using was actually grammatically incorrect) sang the Mass propers - and very beautiful they sounded too.

We were delighted to be able to welcome Fr. Simon Heans. Fr. Simon is a priest of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham, and he'll be celebrating Mass at Blackfen every now and then...


After Mass there was the blessing of chalk. The chalk then becomes a sacramental which can be used to bless one's house by writing the year and the initials of the wise men - 20 M+C+B 12 being this year's inscription - while saying some prayers.

I made sure we had plenty of chalk at Blackfen...

2 comments:

leutgeb said...

Nice pics.

I think it was established that schola scholastica was grammatically correct, it's just that we may shift the emphasis onto St Scholastica.

Mulier Fortis said...

Ahhhh... then I misunderstood...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...