Saturday 14 November 2009

The Suppository's At It Again...

This time, the "Catholic" paper is having a pop at Anglicanorum Coetibus.

Fr. Z has done a great fisk of their latest editorial. I was particularly amused by his reference to The Suppository as "England’s ultra-dissenter fishwrap" and "a sort of bitter morning after pill".

The description of the effects of RCIA programmes run in some liberal parishes also had me chuckling...

"...I have heard from some who have gone through it in Tablet style parishes, they are never quite the same again. They don’t at all feel the same. Many, in fact, feel like they need delousing."

Damian Thompson has also written a good article about The Suppository's attitude.

I said before that I didn't quite understand why there was any need for the Apostolic Constitution. However, the Holy Father has written it, and has thereby made generous provision for any Anglicans who wish to be received into the Church. As far as I am concerned, that means that it's a good thing. Peter has spoken.

4 comments:

Patricius said...

I like your last paragraph because it largely reflects my own view.

Dymphna said...

Sorry to get off topic but what is the music you use on your novus ordo Mass video?

Mulier Fortis said...

Dymphna - I'm not sure as to which Mass video you refer... there's the weekday Mass and the Sunday evening Mass (which is Novus Ordo, albeit ad orientem.)

In both cases I give the music details in the blog posts.

Dymphna said...

Thanks so much. I'm oredering the Adiemus CD tpnight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...