Thursday 7 May 2009

You Learn Something New Every Day...

I visited some friends yesterday evening, and was promptly grilled by the youngest family member as to the nature of my favourite pet, not including cats. This had me stumped for a minute. After admitting that rats (nice, clean, laboratory-reared rats) were my second favourite, the interrogation moved to the subject of geckos (my interrogator's favourite, I think...)

I had to admit that I had never actually "met" a gecko. I'd seen pictures, I'd seen them on TV, but I'd never seen one "in the flesh" so to speak.

This gap in my knowledge was hastily remedied... I was promptly introduced to "Poppy" (so called because the spots on her back looked like poppy seeds) and was allowed to take photos for the blog. I must say that geckos are rather beautiful to look at...

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It was lovely to see my gecko smile at me on your blog.
Marysia

Rob said...

Her in the U.S., geckos sell insurance and speak with a British accent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...