Sunday 16 September 2007

Celebrating...

This weekend (24th Sunday in Ordinary Time) is the anniversary of my return to the fold. It has been fifteen years (and feels like yesterday!) As Fr. Z remarked, "I guess you're pretty much settled back now?" and I was able to confirm, with something approaching glee, that the Church hadn't managed to get rid of me yet...

I do not know why I was privileged to experience my conversion: it was a bolt from the blue which completely overwhelmed me. Many souls remain out in the wilderness, seeking happiness in their lives, not realising that, made to be with God for all eternity, we are not truly happy until we lose ourselves... and find Him.

I am thankful that I had the chance to make like the prodigal, and find my way back home.
Deo gratias.

(And yes, it was Year C when I returned... with the Gospel about angels rejoicing over each and every repentant sinner. I guess they had quite a party fifteen years ago...)

5 comments:

gemoftheocean said...

Thanks for letting us in on a bit about your return to the church - how neat that it took place on this particular Sunday.

This is one fo the few times were ALL the readings were in synch - all 3 about forgiveness.

Phil said...

Congratulations!!!

Mulier Fortis said...

Karen - I've blogged about other bits and pieces... it's all there, you just have to know where to look...
;-D

I have to confess that I celebrate the Saturday/Sunday rather than the actual date (which now escapes me) because the readings were just so spookily relevant! I remember I spent the entire Mass in tears, but I didn't twig about the actual readings until the anniversary three years later...

Oh, and thanks Philip!

Marita said...

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Mac!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...