Monday 3 September 2007

Aaaarghhhhh!

Despite my best efforts, and the efforts of my Guardian Angel, my worst fears were realised. I had an awful night, and kept waking up every 45 minutes or so... until 4:30am or thereabouts! And then, predictably, I overslept! It wasn't the spectacular oversleeping I have managed on a previous occasion (I woke up this morning at 7am) but I was too late to attend the early morning Mass...

...Somehow I doubt that the loud exclamation of "Aaaarghhh, God in heaven, no...!" constitutes an acceptable form of morning prayer...

6 comments:

On the side of the angels said...

if you're awake at that time of the day any chance of a wake up call?
Thre are nowhere near enough hours in a day and so this is cutting into my sleep; I'm getting to sleep later and later but still have to be up for work...
I SO HATE MY JOB !

Ttony said...

But you arrived in time, and on the feast of St Pius X in the old calendar and St Gregory in the new, you began your new job.

Enjoy it!

Mulier Fortis said...

OTSOTA - I said I was "up"... I said nothing about being "awake" !
;-)

ttony - Mass would have been St Pius X, and I would have liked to start the new job with Mass first. But yes, at least I was on time!

Marita said...

All this talk about waking up early (or not) - the day after reading about Fr Tim's 4am rise for Matins I woke up at 4.30 and couldn't get back to sleep again. My husband even remarked that I was quite awake that morning, about 7am.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mac..what about evening Mass?

Mulier Fortis said...

There isn't an evening Mass in our parish on a weekday. Otherwise I'd go to it... There isn't normally a 7am Mass either - this was an "extra" Mass.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...