Wednesday 17 May 2006

Something to smile about ...

I was too tired yesterday to put up any posts, although I did have fun pretending I knew something about computer programming and playing about with some of the codes on my blog template. I felt a sense of achievement when I managed to get my favourite blogs up, in the place where I wanted them, and done by Blogroll so they will be updated automatically.

Looking through all the codes on the template, adding and subtracting bits here and there, and then previewing to see if it looked ok really took me back in time.

I'm afraid that I have to admit to being old enough to remember computers before Windows 3.1 (and yes, they were wind-up clockwork ... only kidding !) and the fact that you could programme them yourself. I was most familiar with BBC Research Machines at school (as a pupil back then, I hasten to add) which were programmed in BASIC and I remember the excitement when we got some new Sinclair Spectrums for the school library (colour screens, wow!)

I'm not so conversant with html as I once was with BASIC, but it is fun to experiment. And sooner or later, more by luck than judgement, I might even learn a thing or two ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...