Monday 5 March 2007

Crunch Time

Tempus fugit and all that... or, "Isn't time fun when you're having flies?" as one frog said to the other!

Anyway, Lent is marching relentlessly on, and so the time of the annual Chrism Mass demo approaches... Before I get roasted in the combox by anyone unfamiliar with my blog, I hasten to point out that the "demo" to which I refer is actually a group of women who stand outside St. George's Cathedral, Southwark, saying "thank you" to our hard-working and faithful priests. We also hand out little cards...

...and I'm having trouble deciding on the picture for this year's offering. So, shall I use this one:


Or what about this one?


Preferences (or other suggestions) in the combox please.

UPDATE: Stephen Wikner suggested the following as an alternative...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being unfamiliar with the demo, it might help to know what the little cards say?

Stephen Wikner said...

Aesthetically I prefer no 1 but there is, for me, a stronger message in no 2. If you want Our Lady as panagia (all holy), I have a wonderful picture of a mosaic which I use a lot. You can access it at www.smart.net/~tak/Disputations/panagia5.jpg

I've not seen this particular picture available commercially as a prayer card but these days it's not difficult to get such things run off quite inexpensively.

Mulier Fortis said...

Mark, I change the text each year... last year's text was a snippet from the writings of Cardinal Ratzinger
which you can see here

Mulier Fortis said...

Stephen I do the cards myself, so I just need a good image to use... I shall have a look at the one you suggest, thanks!

Anonymous said...

I like the first one.

Anonymous said...

Artistically I prefer no 1, but for the message no 2 is better.

Anonymous said...

number 1 i reckon, the women priest ppl have a tendency of hijackinig the one stephen suggests and distorting it...

http://romancatholicwomenpriests.blogspot.com/

Simon-Peter Vickers-Buckley said...

Now that is too weird. Tempus Fugit is the title of my latest post.

What? Eh? Were we separated at birth?

Marita said...

I prefer the third one as I have not seen that picture before.

DrMatthewDoyle said...

WOW! The first one. Dunno what it's for, but it makes me think Our Lady is saying "remember: in the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph".

(Hurray for Our Lady of Fatima!!!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...