Sunday 13 September 2009

Padre Pio Prayer Group...

Yesterday, after the usual Saturday morning Mass and devotions, we had a special Mass to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the parish's Padre Pio Prayer Group (it doesn't sound quite right calling it the "Saint Pio Prayer Group!") Braz, one of our deacons, was responsible for starting the Prayer Group; he recently left the parish in order to go and live with his daughter, and the Mass provided a good opportunity to say goodbye...

The ladies of the UCM really pulled out all the stops to provide a wonderful buffet lunch...

And here we have (from right to left) Fr. Tim, Hilda (leading the Prayer Group), Deacon Braz and another lady (in the pink top) who, I think, co-ordinates several Padre Pio groups. I didn't quite catch her name.

Jo made the most delicious chocolate cake (actually, she made two, but the other one had been eaten by the time I got to take the photo), and I think there must have been a deliberate ploy to get me to ingest a few vitamins:

... putting tangerine segments on the chocolate cake is certainly the most reliable way to ensure that I eat more fruit...

4 comments:

gemoftheocean said...

Well, at least the microscopic bits of the fruit after you've picked most of it off. :-D

Mulier Fortis said...

Actually, I was ever so good, and ate all my tangerine segments (it would have been rude to leave them... and besides, orange and chocolate... mmmmmmmmmmn!)

Idle Rambler said...

I must remember that one - so Terry's Chocolate Orange is full of vitamins, eh? LOL

Mulier Fortis said...

Now, now, Miss Ellen... only REAL orange segments count!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...