Wednesday 16 September 2009

God In The Dock...?

Some of my students really have a weird outlook on life.

Handing out some worksheets to one of my new Year 8 classes, I was stopped by one boy who wanted to know why, if I was called "Miss," I wore a wedding ring.

I explained that I had taken vows. "So, you're, like, married to God then?" queried another student.

This caused some consternation: "What? So does that mean you can't get a divorce?"

I hope that the fleeting consideration which flitted across my mind of how one could possibly go about claiming any alimony doesn't constitute a mortal sin...

3 comments:

christopher said...

LOL! That's funny. Reminds me of a book that was out when I was kid, called "Children's Letters to God"

gemoftheocean said...

ROTFL!!!! At least you wouldn't have to divy up custody of the children and who gets Sylvester!

Joe said...

Well, your year 8's do appear to me to have understood the whole idea of vows rather well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...