Wednesday 30 September 2020

Asking For Prayers...

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I was waiting for knee replacement surgery. I'm in severe pain, and some days find it absolutely impossible to do more than stagger to the bathroom from my bed and then back again. I'm on morphine, ibuprofen and paracetamol, which is a major improvement (pain relief-wise) on the tramadol, zapain and ibuprofen I was on about 18 months ago, but it has the disadvantage of making me incredibly sleepy as well as making it difficult to concentrate on anything for very long. I've been told that I actually appear to go into "buffer mode" where I completely lose the plot mid-sentence.

Originally I should have had one knee done and dusted by now. I was then told that the waiting lists had been seriously affected by the Covid19 shutdown, and that I could expect to be seen some time around December 2020, possibly, if I were lucky. I pointed out that I lived alone and was stuck at home, so, if anyone decided that they were unable to take the date offered to them for some reason, I was available for last-minute cancellations (or as last-minute as the current circumstances allow.)

Yayy! I got a cancellation. I've got to go and have various blood tests next week, including a Covid19 test, and, if all that goes according to plan, I'm due for surgery on my first knee in the third week of October. I think it'll be the left knee (that's the one that's had all the previous surgery) but I could be wrong: some days the right knee is even more painful, basically because I automatically protect the left knee by shifting my weight to the right. Both knees are practically without any cartilage from what I remember of the X-rays.

While I technically don't need to strictly self-isolate before the 9th October (they are doing their utmost to exclude Covid19 from the hospital) I'm a little concerned that catching a minor cold before my blood test might throw up a false positive result, which would stop me having the operation. As a result I'm pretty much self-isolating already. Any prayers you could spare for me in this tedious waiting period (with me in limbo, so to speak) would be most gratefully accepted!

I'll try and keep you all posted.

21 comments:

Vijaya said...

You have my prayers. Ave Maria...

John said...

I will indeed.

My wife had that operation a couple of years ago. It is well-worth it she says.

gemoftheocean said...

Sending love and prayers.

truthfinder2 said...

Prayers ascending. You have been on my mind. - Rosemary🙏🏻

truthfinder2 said...

Not sure if this will show up, but know that you are in my prayers, dear lady.

Mulier Fortis said...

Thank you

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks for the encouragement

Mulier Fortis said...

It did indeed! Thank you

truthfinder2 said...

<3 :)

Kevin said...

You poor thing. It's a good thing you are the Mulier Fortis (quem quis inveniet?).

Zephyrinus said...

Prayers being said, Mac. God Bless.

Keep The Faith and keep us posted.

Zephy.

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks Karen!

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks Rosemary

Mulier Fortis said...

:-) At the moment I'm very easy to find, permanently at home!!!!

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks Zephy!

Lady Jane Perdue said...

Prayers now for you. I went through a similar experience. Great pain, sleepless nights. Offered it up, as we Catholics do, for so many intentions. Now knee is "done & dusted." Hope to hear you are soon in post-surgery recovery doing well.

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks Jane

Lady Jane Perdue said...

Glad to hear your surgery & healing went well. Promised I'd pray for you & I did. Had same surgery a few yrs ago. Took awhile to recover, but now I say: As long as my knees work, I won't knock 'em.

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks Jane. Much appreciated.

truthfinder2 said...

You’re on my “permanent” prayer list. I see your name every day, and I pray for you and your knees. It was good to see you active just for a few minutes on your blog. Hope will be seeing some posts from you again soon! - Rosemary in Hamilton, Ohio

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks Rosemary - I do hope to get back to blogging soon. There was too much stuff to avoid when the pandemic craziness got to its post-Christmas lockdown peak here in England!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...