Friday 19 November 2010

Writing Style (Or Lack Thereof...)


I write like
James Joyce
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

I tried quite a few blog posts, and a fair chunk of the book chapter I wrote on St. Anne Line, and I got the same result. I don't know if this is good or bad - I have never read any of his work. At least I can feel smugly superior to the Pastor in Valle - he apparently writes like Dan Brown. Shame indeed... though, of course, Dan Brown earns a lot more than James Joyce ever did...

5 comments:

Patricius said...

Would that be the James Joyce of "Dubliners",of "Ulysses" or of "Finnegan's Wake"? There are differences! On the plus side Joyce expressed a high opinion of Cardinal (Blessed John Henry) Newman's prose!

Jane said...

Mac,

I ran a bit of Ratzinger through that site and he came out as a Dan Brownite as well! Fiche-moi la paix! Personally I think it can be dismissed as nonsense, although Fr Sean can be happy that he's in the Pope's bracket.

Anonymous said...

Well, apparently St. Teresa of Avila wrote like James Joyce as well, so you're in good company!

Paul said...

It told me I write like Shakespeare - so I fed in a bit of Shakespeare, and it said he writes like James Fenimore Cooper!

Zephyrinus said...

Dear Mac. I once had to endure a similar computer programme (program) as the one you described. The idea was to tell me what job I was suited for. Having spent an hour entering all my qualifications, the computer system proudly stated that I was ideally suited to apply as an ABATTOIR WORKER !!! I have absolutely nothing against Abattoir workers. I am sure they are excellent workers and lovely people. However, I no longer have any faith in computer systems.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...