Monday 15 November 2010

The Need For Free Speech...

I have been neglecting the blog of late, apart from a few kitty-updates, and so haven't posted anything on this subject sooner - though I did talk to a few people.

However, I just want to add my support for the petition to reform the libel laws in England. I'm not going to say anything more about it - it's been said already, and far more eloquently, by Red Maria, (she's written two other posts on the subject) James PreeceFr. Finigan and others.

If you haven't done so already, go and sign the petition...

2 comments:

gemoftheocean said...

I'm always amazed at people who'd be ALLOWED to be able to bring suit against people who've told the TRUTH about them!

Red Maria said...

Wonderful to have you on board, Mac.

GoTO I can understand how shocked you are by the bizarre legal situation we face in the UK. Please tell your friends about it, link to Mac's post on Facebook, tweet about it, the works. We need people like you to raise awareness so as to prevent any other blogging priests being threatened with frivolous libel actions in the future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...