Thursday 23 September 2010

Lacking Inspiration...

Was it really only a week ago that the Holy Father came to these shores?

After the intensity of the past few days, I'm feeling rather washed out and lacking in inspiration for the blog. I have several things simmering gently in draft form, but they're not quite ready.

However, all is not lost. A few weeks ago I decided to record the Litany of Loreto, which we usually chant after the Rosary on a Thursday evening at Blackfen. It's a beautiful prayer, calling for the intercession of Our Lady under her many titles, such as "Morning star," "Tower of ivory" and "Refuge of sinners."

I think it sounds even more beautiful in Latin...

Sorry for the grotty camera angle - I had to leave the camera on the pew and go and sit to the side so as not to swamp the microphone... I considered not joining in with the chant for all of, oooh, 10 seconds, but it's one of my favourites, so I just left the camera in place. It took me a little time to move far away enough, as I didn't want to rattle the crutches too much.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Zephyrinus said...

Dear Mac. Sublime.

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

Thank you.
We chant this on Saturdays and Sundays (when we can) in honor of our Lady.
It really is sublime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...