Monday 20 September 2010

First Prize For The Most Entertaining Quotes...

In my taxi home from seeing off the Papal Pilgrims to Cofton Park, my taxi driver said "I'm not religious, or anything... but this Pope's visit has been really great, hasn't it? All that stuff in the papers, well, it's..." I shall draw a discreet veil over what his thoughts were on that score, partly because I'm not entirely certain of the correct spelling...

In the London Media Centre after the Holy Father entered the Abbey: "I'm not religious, but wow, that has really moved me!"

But first prize has to go to the bus driver who wanted to know what was wrong with The Tablet, because he couldn't even give away the free copies he'd been asked to distribute...

Twitch of the mantilla to Kate.

2 comments:

Antonia Robinson said...

There was an untouched & unread stack left on our coach as well -- gave me a chuckle to think that they couldn't even give it away! What a waste of good trees ;-)

leutgeb said...

Ours got left under the pilgrim leader's seat. Oh dear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...