Tuesday 4 May 2010

Video Clips...

These two video clips are from the Society of St. Catherine of Siena's Solemn High Mass at the Conventual Chapel of the Knights of Malta.

I was pretty impressed by the video quality - taken just on my little Canon IXUS 100, the same camera I use for my photos. The Oratory School Choir were singing the Byrd Three Part Mass (according to His Hermeneuticalness...) I'd never heard it before, and it sent shivers down my spine!

In the Extraordinary Form, if the parts of the Mass are being sung by a choir (as opposed to being simply chanted) the Sanctus is split before and after the Consecration (which is in silence... more goosebumps time.)

I didn't want to video the Consecration - I wanted still shots for that - but I did manage to get the Sanctus before and after... Enjoy!


3 comments:

Fr Joseph OP said...

It's good to see Fr. Selvini there.

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing this.

truthfinder said...

So very lovely. Thank you! --- Rosemary in deepest, darkest Missouri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...