Wednesday 5 May 2010

Another Blog Worth A Mention...

Keeping up with the Blogosphere can be a time-consuming process. I find that Google Reader is the best way of finding out which blogs are being updated without the hassle of having to check them all individually.

This has the disadvantage that I miss out on many blogs, because I'm only checking the ones I already know. Occasionally I will stumble upon a blog which is new to me when the blogger comments on one of my posts, and sometimes it happens if I follow up an interesting-looking link on other blogs. Every now and then, however, I go out hunting: I will scour my SiteMeter stats and Google Blog Search in order to discover where people are coming from and who is linking back to me.

I'm not a major blogger by any means, but I do like to spread the linky love... so I have decided to start a regular blog feature - probably weekly - where I mention either blogs I've just discovered or blogs which have just caught my eye for some reason. Obviously I will continue to give credit to bloggers whose posts inspire me to write my own stuff...

So, to start off, we have Gregory the Eremite and his blog From the Desert. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Clare@ BattlementsOfRubies said...

Thank you, very interesting.
I love his profile blurb:
"I stare out from my cave upon the decline of the West, praying for the Conversion of England and the rebirth of Christendom."
I just like the idea of a 3rd century hermit blogging in the 21st century.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thanx for this. I didn't know about Google Blog Search.

God bless.

Gregory the Eremite said...

Thanks you so much for the mention Mac!

May I also draw your readers' attention to the companion blog Reading the Summa? A group of us in York are wandering our way through the summa theologiae and this blog documents our meanderings. Anyone is welcome to join us either physically or electronically!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...