Wednesday 27 May 2009

A (Relatively) Lazy Day...

Day 3 of the Pilgrimage will be pretty relaxed. We will start with Mass at 9am in the St. Gabriel Chapel, and then make our way down to the front of the Rosary Basilica for our official Group Photo. I loathe this part of it, but haven't yet been able to squirm my way out of it. Luckily, there are no online versions available...

The morning is pretty much fee for people to do whatever they want, and then, in the afternoon, there's an excursion to the Pic du Jer, a cable-car ride up the mountain overlooking Lourdes. I might skip this. I'm terrified of heights, and while I'm ok on solid ground, balconies and airplanes, I am not too certain how I feel about cable-cars. I have heard that the cars occasionally get stuck, and sod's law being what it is...

In the evening, after dinner, Fr. Tim is going to run a class for the children - I've prepared a short worksheet - and we may go across the Gave to the Prairie. This bit is fairly fluid, no hard-and-fast arrangements - but it gives the parents a bit of a break if they want it. 

1 comment:

George said...

Keep the 'up-to-the-minute' news going Mac. We are all with you in spirit and you paint a great picture for the mind's eye on your blog - thanks. I know how hilly Lourdes is so can understand you graciously bowing out of some of the walking 'activities' - it's a killer even for the fittest!

We look forward to seeing the photos - especially the GROUP shot. ;-)

If it's any consolation the weather here in London is not too brilliant either - currently looking out of the window, guess what - RAIN!!!!

God Bless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...