Saturday 30 May 2009

Holiday Snaps...

Just a brief selection to be going on with...

On arrival, we were told that there had been a lot more rain than usual in Lourdes, and that the Gave was running a metre higher than normal (and indeed, had overflowed at its lowest point), so I took a photo or two...

I couldn't find the exact corresponding shots from previous years, but this is a photo from 2007... check out the arch under the bridge, and the white struts...

Then there is the French sense of humour, which places a saint at each end of the ramps up to the Crypt Chapel: on the left, nearest to the St. Joseph's Gate, we have St. Remy...

... while, on the right, nearest the Gave River (and the Grotto) we have St. Martin!

This makes me chuckle every time I see them.

This photo, taken from the river wall just opposite the water taps shows the building work being carried out on the outside of the St. Michael's Chapel... we had our Masses in the St. Gabriel Chapel this year, which is the counterpart to St. Michael's Chapel, and is on the opposite side of the Crypt Chapel.

Finally, I couldn't resist a shot of the webcam camera...

I'll post more photos in the next day or so, but now I have to go to bed...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...