Thursday 28 May 2009

An Evening With The Children...

When I returned from the non-event of the Pic du Jer, I had a short nap to recharge the batteries. After dinner, the children had a session with Fr. Tim and myself, while the mums and grandparents had a bit of a break.

Fr. Tim started off by praying the Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary, with a brief explanation of and reflection on each Mystery. Then a brief discussion about angels followed.

I had prepared a few different worksheets, and Fr. Tim selected one where the children had to identify photos of different places in Lourdes. I'd included a couple of wordsearches I'd made, and the group was keen to have a go. Fr. Tim also decided to try one, but, not being of the generation which had to do lots of these at school, his technique left something to be desired... 

Several of the children were indignant to discover that he was copying their answers! The session finished at 10pm amid much laughter, and I was delighted that some of the other sheets were (voluntarily) taken away as homework!

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...