Friday 22 May 2009

Mantilla The Hon...

Mantilla Amontillado, aka Mantilla the Hon, is an occasional "guest" blogger on Fr. Dwight Longenecker's blog. With a degree in Ecclesiastical Haberdashery from Salamanca University, she has plenty to say about liturgical style (or lack thereof!)

Check out what Mantilla thinks about cassock albs (those ghastly dressing-gown albs are made out of a material called "hopsack," which just about sums up what they resemble), vestments and mantillas...

Looking at Site Meter reveals that quite a few people arrive at this blog because they were researching "mantillas". If you want to know more about the whys and wherefores of wearing mantillas, you can see my previous posts on the topic: Made-to-Measure Mantillas (I give details of a woman who makes mantillas, really nice ones, in the com-box), Wearing the Mantilla (with a link to an article by the Latin Mass Society) and More on Mantillas.

5 comments:

berenike said...

I was going to launch into my usual rant, but I've already made it in the combox of a post by a co-blogger :-)

Is the covering of women's heads in church of divine law?

Mulier Fortis said...

Berenike, I am not claiming that all women have to wear a mantilla. My post is because many people googling "mantillas" end up on my site... and because I personally like to wear a mantilla.

I have never tried to claim it is divine law.

Michelle Therese said...

Even if wearing a mantilla *was* divine law, people would just have to buck up and deal with it.

Thanks for the link! I'm going to add it to my Catholic In Orkney blog!

Adulio said...

The tabernacle in church is veiled because it is precious and contains that which holds the key to salvation. (Our Lady was the first ever and most perfect tabernacle in this sense).

The Catholic women is veiled in church, because to the God she is also precious and a "tabernacle" for the life she can bring.

gemoftheocean said...

Ottaviani, you can potentially give life too, so I'm sure you must also wear a veil, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...