Saturday 23 May 2009

In Case You Hadn't Noticed...

...there are actually two Rorate Caeli blogs.

Well, actually Rorate Caeli is the famous blog... it comes up in uppercase letters on the tabs, with the fancy "Æ" which I can rarely be bothered to find in the character map.

Rorate Coeli is the less well-known blog on Wordpress, written by Michael Skaggs of Indiana.

I know the words are from the Introit to the Mass for the Fourth Sunday in Advent... however, not being a Latin scholar, I have no idea why one blog has "caeli" and another "coeli" - any suggestions?

Either way, remember to visit them both!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"ae" and "oe" before I-II cen. were diphtong, it mean, that 2 sounds consisted one syllabus. Later they became monophtong [ae], and difference was in the writing.
When appear tendention to write "ae" always, I don't know. Not long away...

Anonymous said...

Just commenting so that you know I too have the same question...

...though being on a Mac, I can type œ æ to my heart's content...

God bless. Have a safe trip!

Kevin Whiteman said...

Mac,
Here's a website that may be helpful --

http://knopok.net/symbol-codes/alt-codes.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...