Monday 18 May 2009

Frustration...

I am a big fan of the I Can Has Cheezburger? site... lots of cute kitties and silly captions to make you smile. There are some other sites associated with it - I Has a Hot Dog is the dog-lovers' photo and caption site, for example, but there is also the Fail Blog - where some real boo-boos are highlighted, like the advertising slogan for Nina's Photography: "I Shoot People and Pets" or the Freshman/Sophomore Masquerade Ball, posters for which point out that no masks are to be worn at the dance...

This isn't too bad. A quick click to check out the latest photos and then it's back to work (or whatever)...

...Unfortunately, a recent game link has been added: nom nom nom 4 fud. In this, you aim your kitty at various cat biscuits, launch it by clicking on the tail, and watch as the cat munches up the biscuits for points. Big bags of catfood, cat baskets, water bowls and brooms make up the obstacles to be avoided. There are extra points for balls of wool and cheezburgers provide extra "lives."

The game is a complete waste of time, and therefore very entertaining...

It is also extremely frustrating, as the kitty doesn't seem to follow the laws of physics after the first two (simple) levels. I have launched my cat at exactly the same angle and strength on a particular level, and the cat seems to scoot off in a completely random manner... eating and missing biscuits in an infuriatingly idiosyncratic fashion each time. As a result, my highest score has been only 31500... more by luck than judgement.

There is also a doggy version...

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Heh! I got sucked in by the same game but actually got pretty good at it. I think my top score was around 81,500 or something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...