Tuesday 28 October 2008

Happy Feast Day...

...yes, I know it's nearly over, but I'm still celebrating, as St. Jude is one of my favourite saints.

Actually, St. Jude was the first saint I really "discovered" - I had rather dismissed devotion to the saints as "medieval" and ok for the plebs, but not for an intellectual research scientist type... the fact that many of my fellow scientists would have dismissed any sort of faith in God as medieval and not for intellectual research scientist types had sort of slipped under my radar...

The story of my introduction to the wonderful world of the saints can be found here, in case you missed it before.

I'd also like to give St. Simon a mention, as I feel slightly guilty that he always loses out to St. Jude on the feast-day stakes... one day I'll actually look him up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...