Sunday 8 April 2007

Photo-Fest

My not-so-new phone is great, and I'm getting the hang of the camera feature, but it isn't what you might describe as "discreet"... I do feel ever so slightly self-conscious, whipping out the phone to snap a particularly stunning visual moment in the parish liturgy... despite knowing that the parish priest will ask for a copy if the photos are any good (thus implying that I have "permission"!)

So I didn't get to take many photos over the Triduum. This is a real shame, because the whole thing was, if possible, even more impressive than last year. However, I thought I'd share a couple with you...

First, evidence that we had twelve good men and true for the washing of the feet...


Then, the Altar of Repose, which always looks fabulous. Hilda (our Sacristan) is an absolute genius when it comes to getting things to look just right...


A moving snap showing the prostration of the priest and deacons at the Good Friday Liturgy (this always brings a lump to my throat!)


Then we have the Easter fire and the lighting of the Paschal candle outside the church...

A bit of a blurry shot inside, taken during the Old Testament readings and prayers...


And finally, a glimpse (also a bit blurry) of the choir, who did such stirling work during the Triduum...

2 comments:

DP said...

Ok, so here's my question. . . I spent the Triduum at a Benedictine Abbey (such a blessing!) but I noticed that for the prostration on Good Friday the abbot removed his chasuble. Anyone care to comment on the reasoning for this and what the liturgical guidelines are on this? Just curious.
(the picture from Good Friday made me think of this)

Andrew said...

dilexitprior, the chasuble is removed and the celebrant venerates the cross barefoot as a sign of humility. The Holy Father does it as well. But for the prostration? Hmmm...never seen it done before. The Holy Father prostrates fully vested.

Mac, do check out the Holy Week celebrations in my parish. Clicking on the links will take you to the full photoposts.

Happy Easter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...