Friday 13 April 2007

Virtue Is Its Own Reward

Ummm. So they say. I am doing my best to offer this up. I had to dispose of an old inkjet printer, which worked perfectly well (albeit slowly) but was now surplus to requirements. There were even several brand new, unopened ink cartridges with it. And the cables. It all worked.

No time to mess about with ebay. It was suggested that I bring it to the local council dump/recycling centre but it seemed to be a shocking waste of printer...

...so I decided to donate it to a charity shop. I went to one, and was told that they didn't accept electrical items. Another one said the same... I made up my mind to try one more shop (there are lots quite near me) and go to the dump if all else failed.

I have a knee problem, and the only place I could stop was a double yellow line opposite. I wasn't blocking traffic, and I was delivering stuff, so I figured that it would be fine... Yippee, the third shop did accept electrical items... and they were very pleased to get a nice printer. I left the shop...

...to find that, in the four minutes it took to go into the shop, a parking attendant had materialised out of nowhere, written the ticket and was in the process of snapping the photo-evidence. The manageress of the charity shop came out to plead on my behalf, but to no avail. The attendant promised to make a note that I was delivering stuff (yeah, right, I won't hold my breath on that one) and advised me to write in to the relevant authority to issue a challenge...

I should have just gone to the dump...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bah; now you know why we never part on any flavour of yellow (or red) lines here!

Bad luck. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...