Saturday 6 January 2007

"New" Year's Resolution

I have a bad habit of making lots of New Year's resolutions (mostly dietary) and then failing to keep them... This means that the year starts on a low note, because I promise to be good, and fail miserably!

Last year I decided not to make any such resolutions, and when I failed to keep any of the resolutions I would normally have made, I felt quite good about it. Almost vindicated, you might say...

This year I'm afraid that I've made a resolution. However, it is nothing to do with diets. Instead, I have decided that I am going to try very, very hard to learn the Latin responses for the Mass. I've made some slight progress over the 14 years I've been back in the fold... when I first came back, the only Latin Mass response I knew was the Kyrie... the rest was all Greek to me...

*dodges tomatoes*

I was therefore very encouraged to find the following LINK for a Latin-English dictionary, courtesy of David at The Fullness of Faith. Unfortunately, on looking at the instructions and explanation of how the dictionary is set up, I decided it was probably easier just to learn the language...

;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, you could always buy a Latin-English 1962 Missal, go to an indult Mass, and follow along in Latin...

Hey, that's too complicated! ;-)

Mulier Fortis said...

Ha ! Already got one of those... been there, done that, got the mantilla and missal!

But of course, most of the Classical Rite is silent... and the server makes the few responses necessary...

Anonymous said...

*nods*
I really need to hook up with our FSSP Priest here. There is an indult Mass, but to be honest, the travel is a pain, and I like my local parish. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...