Sunday 31 December 2006

The Patter of Tiny Feet

Oh wow! I am an Auntie!

My little nephew was born (11 days early) at 4:48am this morning, 6lb 11oz (that's 3.05 kg). Apparently my sister had a rather hard time of it - her waters broke yesterday, she had to be induced, and it was a forceps delivery, and she had to have a blood transfusion, but she and the baby are ok. The baby is called Giacomo Daniele (I've just realised that his parents have named their baby after a brand of whisky... Jack Daniels!!)

I rang the hospital to find out how everyone was, but on hearing that I was merely the sister I was told that a message to say I'd phoned would be passed on.

Thanks to everyone who said a prayer!

8 comments:

David Palmer said...

Congratulations!

FatherTF said...

Congratulations, Mac! On the name, thank heaven for small mercies. Imagine if the poor mite were called "Glenfiddich".

Mulier Fortis said...

ROFL - yes, there is much to be thankful for!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mac, when are you going to meet your nephew

Anonymous said...

Oh, you'll be ready to dandle! That's what aunts do, isn't it?

BCB Webmaster said...

Wikipedia has a whole article on whiskey brands, of which my favourites are Dufftown and Chivas Regal.

Congratulations to mother and well down to you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! What wonderful news!

Congratulations to everyone!

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes and congratulations...

...I feel like a bit of a fraud... I didn't do anything, and here I am basking in reflected glory...!
;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...