Sunday 14 January 2007

Heaven Help Us!

I can't remember where I first saw this: it is teeth-achingly awful. However, it does illustrate what tends to happen when you let lay people become liturgists and encourage them to be "creative" with the Mass.

Personally I think that this must be an attempt to imitate the beauty of the Classical Rite Mass (think of all the carefully choreographed symbolic gestures of priest, deacons and servers; the vestments (to die for), the sacred vessels, the music etc. etc.) all of which is missing from some of the more sloppy "celebrations" of the Novus Ordo.

Misguided. Sad. When will they realise... we don't need to "invent" a liturgy... it's already been given to us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember watching the full video of the that once.. just appalling. Why would grown adults want to be dancing up and down like that? When is Cardinal Mahony 75?

Anonymous said...

Oh, cringe-worthy indeed! Why fix something if it aint broke?

I discovered your blog this morning. I am a recent Catholic convert (Yay!!) from the UK. Nice to meet you :) You're welcome to pop over to my place and say hello!

AutumnRose xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...