Friday 25 October 2013

New Blog On The Block...

Back in the mists of time when I first started blogging, I was in a distinct minority. The majority of Catholic blogs were written by men, and most were from the US. Being one of the very few British female bloggers meant that I had a higher profile than I deserved. Seven and a half years later, and I'm delighted to note that there is now a huge selection of good, Catholic female bloggers... and it's impossible to follow everyone.

However, there is one new blogger who should be flagged up as compulsory reading: Yes I'm Catholic is a blog by a young student concerned with living life as a committed Catholic, and all the issues she has to face in day-to-day situations. She includes the caveat that we should "expect controversial topics, a fair amount of teenage angst, and some mushiness mixed in with the theology."

For some reason I've yet to fathom, she refers to herself as the skinny walrus. Already she has started up a series of excellent, informative and highly entertaining posts on the subject of dating. The first in the series can be found here, and the second one has just been posted. I really wish that I had had a friend like her around back when I was a student. Do go on over and say hello...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...