Wednesday 23 October 2013

Just When I Thought It Was All Over..

The weather took a turn for the worse a couple of weeks ago, and both cats decided that they could tolerate each other's company if it meant sleeping on a warm duvet.

Am I the only person who scoots down to the bottom of the bed in order to avoid waking up two snoozing cats? And am I the only person who starts the night sleeping in the middle of the bed and wakes in the morning scrunched right up against the (cold) wall in the smallest space imaginable, with two cats sprawled comfortably in the middle of the bed?

Ok, it's just me who's a pushover then...

Anyway, this evening I was settling down to a quiet evening's tweeting when the catflap opened, and Miaowrini announced her arrival in loud tones. Furretti got up off the laptop case and ran to investigate. I realised that something was up - Furretti tends to ignore Miaowrini most of the time. I went to see what was going on, and a present was promptly dropped at my feet...


The mouse was alive, so I threw it out of my bedroom window into the grass (I live on the ground floor, I hasten to add!) After a minute's stunned inactivity, the mouse ran off. Miaowrini and Furretti are now sulking...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...