Monday 21 May 2012

Miaowrini's Sulking...

I was planning to have a well-deserved and very rare "early night" curled up under the duvet with my kindle. I heard a loud commotion from the catflap, and realised that something large was being dragged in.

I was right - Monsignor Miaowrini had caught a pigeon which was almost as large as herself. While hunting in the airing cupboard for a towel to throw over the pigeon, I saw Miaowrini's pigeon-handling technique in action. She's really rather good at it - sitting astride the bird, she grabbed its neck in her mouth and then "duck-walked" it into the living room. She then held it down with her paws and spat out a few feathers, presumably preparatory to taking a large chunk out of the bird.

Sadly for Miaowrini, I had succeeded in finding a towel by this point, and used it to scoop the pigeon up out of harm's way. Miaowrini was still in the living room, literally spitting feathers, as I held the bird out of my bedroom window, and let it fly off.

We've been free of wildlife for a while, and I had hoped that the hunting season for pigeons was over for this year (I assumed that it was the younger, more inexperienced birds which were being nabbed!) It seems that I was wrong. Watch this space for further developments!

1 comment:

Supertradmum said...

Sigh, I am both a bird lover and a cat lover. Thankfully, my Puddyman only caught ground squirrels and voles, in the States, of course, and put them by the back door for me to praise him for....

Vladimir caught nothing, but looked beautiful and Miho decided the outside was too hard, after being shot by someone in her tail end.

I could not deal with birds in the living room...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...